Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Post - Big News

Well this is my first post on my new blog.  Some of you know me from my Three Fates Design Blog, where I blog about my beadwork and lampwork journey.  Now I am going to try and chronicle me and J becoming big kids, grown ups, adults.  You know us doing all those things that adults do, it's about time I guess.

The first big news is after years of trying J has finally gotten a job offer in the Madison area.   We have been trying for quite some time.  I have a great job at the university, but he's been having a more difficult time finding a job.  There is just so little industry in Madison, that when there is a mechanical engineer position open, a billion people apply for it.  But our patient wait is over.  He just got his offer yesterday, well sort of.  They called him to discuss it and he had no idea what they were talking about.  So, they went over it on the phone.  I mean he knew they were going to offer him the job, he just hadn't received the offer letter yet.

So here we go, onto a new stage in our lives.  We would like to buy a house.  This idea seemed like such a great idea before it was a possible reality.  Now I'm starting to realize what a big step this is, and I'm starting to get scared.  Everything that comes with a house; house payments, insurance, taxes, home repair.  Oh god, I think I just might go hide under that rock over there.  Yeah, how wants to do adult things.  I think we should just rent for the rest of our lives and all will be good.  No long term commitments, nothing like that.  I guess I'm just scared.  Doing things like this are big deals, not to be taken lightly.  So though we're no where near actually buying a house, I'm already starting to get stressed.  I hope J can deal with me over the next few months.

The next update will be soon.  I'll let you know how it went for J giving his two weeks notice.  That will be interesting.

No comments: