Tuesday, April 2, 2013

What We Did Last Weekend

Well last weekend, a long holiday weekend, was supposed to be a fun filled weekend.  A weekend where we could enjoy ourselves and relax a bit.  Well, we defiantly relaxed.  J has been sick for over a week and he finally got me sick this past weekend.  It hit me like a ton of bricks on Friday.  One minute I felt fine, the next I just wanted to crawl in a hole.  Lovely.

But we did manage to get a few things done.  First we took a trip out to the UW SWAP store.  It's a store where university items go where they are no longer needed.  Labs, offices, etc all donate their stuff and then it gets resold.  We love the SWAP store.  Every spring they replace the mini fridges in the dorms, so the old ones are sold for about $10.  We have a couple mini fridges.  They sell all sorts of things and if you are in the Verona area, I would suggest you check it out (they are only open to the public on Tuesday, Friday, and the second Saturday of every month).

This last weekend we picked up this.


It's a huge 80 gallon tub that we're going to use as a rain barrel.  I think we might have the biggest rain barrel in the neighborhood.  And the best part, it was only $15.  Yay for weird giant tub thing.

J has also been hard at work on his bar, even though he's sick and I've told him he needs to rest.  He's got almost everything put together and now just needs to sand and stain.


Here is a picture of the front.  It looks a little plain right now, but it does have some nice trim that will go on it, as well as the top.


And here is a picture of the back.  It has three drawers and two pull out wine racks (not installed yet).  I'm just so proud of him.  This is the most ambitious project he's taken on and he's done an amazing job.

We picked up the stain and the drawer pulls last night.  I cannot wait to see what it looks like when it's done.  Now we just have to find a couple of bar stools that we like that are a reasonable price (harder then it would seem).  We also have to pick up the bar rail for the top, which is $78, WHAT?!?  I think i had a palpitation when I saw that price.  But the bar will still be cheaper, and nicer then any other bar we could buy premade.   So it's cool.


I will leave you with this cute little bird J got me because I didn't feel good.  He's so sweet sometimes.

No comments: