Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Bar Update

I can't believe how close we are to finishing up the basement bar.  I feel like it was just yesterday we were planning out everything we needed.  But now it's almost ready for a final reveal.  This past weekend we got the trim on the front and the back.


Look at how nice that looks.


J needs to attach the drawer fronts and measure where the wine racks are going to go, but for the most part it's ready to be sealed.  And yes, J wants to leave the underneath unstained.


We picked up this nice dart board at one of the local thrift stores.  It was a little bit more then we wanted to pay, but we really liked the design, so we decided to get it.


And when I tried to get a picture of the inside, this happened.  Toonces is one of the noisiest cats I've ever seen.  She's always a part of my photo shoots.


That's better.  Look at how pretty that baby is.  It's in really good condition.  The dart board only has a couple of holes in it.  Now we just need to find some old school darts.  And even if we never use this, at least it will look nice up on the wall.  It's going to be a classy man cave.

So the bar is getting to the point where it will be done and we can start thinking about cleaning up and decorating the basement.  I can't wait.  We would like to get a flat screen TV for down there (right now we have a huge 56" rear projection TV) and maybe a smaller lounge type couch.  We are on the lookout for some nice bar stools.  We're scouring Craigslist for a set that will work or ones that we can redo to make work.  Then maybe I'll be able to try out some of my new upholstering tricks I've learned.  Fun!  

I'm pretty excited to see this baby done.  I guess it's because it's one of the most ambitious wood projects we've done.  We've made our kitchen cabinet and our bathroom vanity, but this was much more complicated.  Maybe it will be ready for my birthday and we can celebrate my big 3-0 in our brand spankin' new basement bar.  Fingers crossed.      

1 comment:

Duni said...

I guess the dart board required a "cat inspection" before being put up on the wall ;-)
Toonces is so pretty! Glad your basement bar is coming together...great place to hang out!