Thursday, May 2, 2013

April 2013 Accomplishments

So we didn't post a list of official goals we wanted to accomplish this month, but we did make a personal one.  We didn't have a lot on the list (it was a list related to the bar) because J was still very busy with school.  But this is what we accomplished this month.

1.  Build the bar


I'm so proud of J for this one.  He turned a few 4 x 8's into this beautiful bar without ever doing a project like this before.

2.  Stain bar


This one is again bar related, okay, they all might be bar related.  We picked out and stained this bad boy in only a couple days time.  Efficient!

3.  Get that bar all together

This seemed to take longer then building the base of the bar, but we got it done.   We traveled all over town to find the bar rail, but in the end, we got it all together.  It's still not complete, but it's pretty close.

4. Start Garden

My garden is not completely finished.  I'm holding off on the tomatoes and peppers for a little while, I'll probably get those in the ground in the next couple weeks.  But I did till all the soil, refresh the peat moss, and get some seeds in the ground.  I planted two kinds of basil, broccoli, two kinds of carrots, purple kohlrabi, snow peas, leaf lettuce, and purple onions.  Now I just have tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, a plethora of herbs, and maybe a few other things I haven't thought of yet.


As you can see most of our accomplishments revolve around the bar.  This is because J is getting ready for his last presentation of the semester, so he's been pretty busy with school.  And I've been getting ready for a busy show season.  We've both been so busy, a lot of our projects were pushed aside for now.  But since it's May, J is done with school and I'm fairly set with shows, we'll be able to focus on a lot more house projects.

What has everyone else accomplished this past month?    

No comments: