Monday, June 25, 2012

The start of a new project!

It's Monday again, ho hum.  We had a pretty great, but busy weekend here in Madtown.  Saturday morning I had an art/craft show, so we got to spend the majority of the day outside talking with people and spending some time together.  Then J had a show that night, so we spent the majority of the night hanging out with friends and listening to awesome punk music.  We were up at 5:30 am and didn't get to bed until 2:00 am.  That's a long day. 

We did a few things around the house (put the last of the trim up around the tile) on Sunday and then did a little shopping.  We stopped at a little Tibetan place for dinner, which was amazing.  We both had sizzling plates.  Yum, yum.

And now J's off to some training for a few days, so I'm holding down the fort.  This is my last week of work before my July vacation (my much needed vacation).  Which I will be starting the bathroom remodel.  I know, sounds like a fun vacation.  It will be.

And speaking of the bathroom redo, we've been trying to get a little heads start on that.  We headed over to Menards this past weekend to look at, and possibly order, a new double vanity.  We picked out a few that were pocketbook friendly, but we also saw one that we really loved.

It's called Piedrafina marble.  Have you guys ever heard of this?  It's a crushed marble that is set in resin.  The marble is all stone that was thrown away, so it's eco friendly.  Which makes us happy.  The Piedrafina is made up of 95% natural stone, so you're not paying for a large piece of resin.  We think it looks pretty cool.

Plumbersurplus.com

I know it's hard to see the "crushed" marble in this picture, but this is what the vanity would look like.  It's a nice 61" vanity top that would fit our modern grey and white color pallet well.    

pfsurfaces.com

Here is a close up of what the material looks like.  This color is the bianco, which is probably the color we would pick. 

I really love it and it makes me happy to know it's recycled.  Okay, that really makes me happy.  What, I love my mother nature, I can't help it.  It's a little on the pricy side, but it's still cheaper then the solid surfaces we looked at. 

This vanity is about $750 shipped to our door.  Which isn't bad.  The budget friendly vanities were around $300, so this one is a little over double in price.  So we'll have to decide if we want to splurge on a vanity, or just go with a plain white vanity and save some money.

What do you guys think?  Have you seen Piedrarfina before or do you have it in your house?  Do you like the look or do you think it will looked aged in a few years?  I'd love to hear your opinions. 

No comments: