Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Good bye blinds!

So we are fortunate enough to have a wonderful sun porch on our house.  All the animals spend most of the day out there just laying in the sun or watching the wildlife.  And it's where I spend a great deal of time.  I like to sit out there and bead.  I also enjoy taking little cat naps out there (just like the animals).  Me and J will just sit out there and enjoy the breeze and relax.  It really is a nice addition to the house.
 
Granted it's a huge mess.  It is less of a mess since I've taken the pictures.  I moved the dog crate and cleaned a bit.  Hey, it's a work in progress.  And if anyone out there wants a large dog create or a southwest themed couch and chair, let me know.  I just might have those things for FREE ;-)
It's a catch all right now, but it has so much potential.  I can't wait to get this room finished.
When we moved in there were the most ugly curtains up on the sun porch.  They looked like they had been installed when the house was built and never ever changed out.  They were faded and dusty.  And did I mention ugly. 
I mean look at them. Blah!!

I'm not even sure why they were out there.  It's not like the porch needs to be shielded from the sun or neighbors.  There are plenty of fences and plant life out there to do that.
There we go, no more ugly blinds!

So I finally just got fed up with them and took them down.  Look at how much better that looks.  It opens up the room and gets rid of the 60/70s vibe.  I still have to take down the hardware, but I'm so happy those babies are gone.  I took them right out to the curb for bulk pick up and now they are no more.
Sorry for the dark gloomy pictures, that's how we role in WI!

Okay, so maybe the room doesn't look that much better in these pictures, but it is.  It was just a super overcast day.  And if you ignore all the other ugly things in the room, it looks better. 

We plan on painting the walls out here a lighter shade.  We don't want to go white, but we know we want to go a lot lighter out here.  Maybe a butter cream or light gray.  Just something to lighten up the room.

We also plan on cleaning the rug and seeing what it looks like.  Hopefully it will be acceptable for a little while so we don't have to replace the whole thing.  Plus we'll be adding some sisal type rug.

And then we'd like to add a patio door to the deck and backyard.  Open it up and make it a lot easier to access the outside.  That way it will be easier for us to have parties, get to the garden, and sit around the fire pit.   
Not much of a looker yet, but it's still spring.  It will look better this summer.

1 comment:

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

Capturing a great "thrift store" find is one of my favorite things to do!! :-)