Tuesday, February 8, 2011

By god, I think that's a living room!

Holy crap, it actually looks like people live here.
Well look at that.  That looks like and actual living room.  With furniture and everything.  As you can see our new couch fits so well in our new living room.  And look at that pretty rug.  We picked that up last weekend and it goes so well.  It's a nice shag rug that adds texture and color to the room, which was much needed.  It's soft on the feet and Yoda loves to lay on it and chew on her bone.  She also loves to bite it, but we're trying to curb that habit, fast.  I don't need that little tiny dog ruining our new carpet (and she can do it, don't judge her based on size). 

Never thought I'd own a shag rug!!
And if you can see in the picture that we put up some blinds on the bay window.  Much needed there.  I went to Menards and picked up some custom cut blinds.  I'm extremely happy with them.  They look much better then the forest green aluminum blinds that were up there when we moved in.  I'll elaborate more on the blinds and the pain in the ass "fun" time putting them up later in the week.

You'll have to ignore the background of this picture.  I'm almost done mudding our wall, so that means paint soon.  I think I'll only have to put one more coat of drywall mud up and sand one more time and it will be ready.  Then trim and this room will be done.  Yay!!!

J also picked up a TV last Saturday.  Boy was that fun trying to buy a TV the day before the Superbowl.  I had no idea they would be so busy.  But we eventually bought one.  Now we need a trip to Ikea to pick up the entertainment center and the living room will actually be completed.  Oh, we need some arts up on the wall and a larger, square coffee table (you can see how our current one just isn't doing it.  But for the most part our house is starting to look like people actually live in it, not just dwell in the basement.   

No comments: