Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Counter Tops are Here

Since rearranging the kitchen, we had a lot of unused space.  I knew this baby had some potential.  So to put this unused space to, well, good use, we ordered counter tops to match the existing counters.  We considered doing butcher block, but decided to just go with a matching set.


I'm pretty happy with how they look.  And I'm absolutely loving having counters on each side of the stove.  It's so nice and handy.


We're going to put up two small open shelves above the cabinet on the right of the stove for my spices and other cooking goodies.  Then the backsplash will wrap all the way around the kitchen.  Love.  I wanted to tile up to the bottom of the cabinets, but J didn't like that idea.  So I lost that argument.  You win some, you loose some.  I might just paint a different color behind the shelves.  Or use some left over beadboard.  Hmmmm, so many opportunities.

We're also going to do some sort of storage on each side of the stove once the new stove comes in.  Then the stove will be centered under the hood and not look so weird and small.  That's a standard stove, you'd never know it looking at it.

And speaking of stoves, this is the beauty that will be replacing the electric stove.  Look at her, she's a lovely gal.  I can't wait to bring her home, but I have to wait a few months.  Oh to have a gas stove again.  I can't wait.   
   

But anyway, the counters look nice and I'm happy that the kitchen doesn't look overcrowded now.  Everything is spaced out and lovely.

And I'm loving the fact that we moved the fridge.  I was so sick of it taking up half the kitchen and being the first thing you saw when you walked in the room.  It's not in the 100% ideal spot, but it a hell of a lot better then what it was.  And the new fridge is 3 inches narrower, so it takes up less space.  Yay!

No comments: