Tuesday, February 28, 2012

She's Here!

We picked up our new stove this past Saturday.  Yay!  She's a lovely girl and I can not wait to get her all hooked up.  Since we are going from electric to gas (thank god), we have to do a few things before we have a stove again.  Looks like a lot of take out for us this week, because lets face it, I'm not really sure how to work a microwave.


But lets get back to that pretty stove.  Oh look at her.  Just a true beauty.  And she will look so lovely framed with the glass/slate tile backsplash.


She has five burners; the four normal ones you find on a stove, plus a middle burner.  We've been looking at cast iron griddles/grills.  That is going to be so nice and convenient.  And it has something called "Turbo Boil" which will be nice for all the pasta we eat in our house.


She also is a convection oven, a true convection oven at that.  So that means three trays of cookies at one time.  Oh my.  It will cut down on cooking time for everything we bake, which sound fantastic.  It also has a slow cook option, which is equivalent to a cooking in a crock pot.  I'm not sure how often I will use this (since I have a nice crock pot), but it might be a nice option.

And then after I'm done cooking I can put stuff in the warming drawer if everyone isn't quite ready to eat.  Or I can use it as a warm place for bread to rise and proof.  I didn't really think I would use the warming drawer, but now that I've thought about it, I've come up with a number of things to use it for.


But as of right now she is unusable.  We did plug her in to make sure all the electronics worked, but no gas for a least a week, maybe two.  J's dad and uncle are coming back next weekend to change the 220V outlet to 110V.  I'm so glad that we have family members that do this for a living.  J's dad said he could install the ball valve on the gas line as well, but we all decided it would be better to have a HVAC guy come out and do it.  It should only take about an hour to do, so hopefully the bill won't be too high.  And we have a couple of questions about the furnace, so having a professional come out will be a good thing.

Now the backsplash and the open shelves are the only things that need to be completed for now.  Then later in the year we'll install recessed lighting and crown molding, and the kitchen will be pretty much complete.  It's exciting.            


And side note, I cleaned the hood before we picked up the stove.  I don't think it had been cleaned since it was installed.  I took it all apart and scrubbed every inch of it.  I missed a few spots, but it looks so much more shiny.  Just like new.    

No comments: