Friday, August 10, 2012

Pesto Potatoes - Food Friday


Happy Friday everyone!  I hope everyone had an acceptable week and that you have a fantastic weekend planned.  I have an art show tomorrow and then we plan on finishing up work on the vanity.  Fun, Fun!

But lets get to the important thing, today's recipe.  Today I have one of our favorite recipes.  It's delicious and extremely easy to make.  Pesto Potatoes.

The other day I was asked, "what do you do with pesto?"  I was taken back a bit, because I thought everyone knew that pesto is a magical mix that can be put on anything.  It's pure deliciousness.  If you've only had pesto on pasta (or if have never had it), you have no idea what you're missing out on.

So lets get started.  Gather up your supplies; pesto and potatoes.  Done!  Like I said, this one is an easy one.


Cut up the potatoes in cubes.  I added green onion and carrots to this batch because I also made potato soup that night, but you can add what ever veggies you want.  I also added both red potatoes and standard russet potatoes.  You can use what ever kind of potatoes your little heart desires. 


Add the glorious pesto and mix.  You can add it to your pot or you can put everything in a ziploc bag and shake it.  Just make sure you cover all the potatoes.  Then bake.


Now it's time to enjoy.  These babies are so good.  We rarely have leftovers when I make these.  You can even sprinkle them with a little cheese if you want, but we like to enjoy the pesto flavor.  Trust me, you're gonna love these.

Pesto Potatoes

Ingredients
~ 4-5 potatoes, cubed - make as many or as few as you need
~ 1-2 chopped green onion
~ 2-3 chopped carrots - optional
~ 2-3 tbs pesto

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Chop/cube all your veggies
3. Place veggies in large oven safe container
4. Add pesto to the veggies.  Start with a small amount and add more as needed to coat all the veggies.  
5.  Cover pan (lid or foil) and place in the oven for about 30-60 minutes.  Check the veggies after 30 minutes to see if they are soft, cook until they are soft.
6. Take off the lid/foil.  Turn on the broiler and cook until the top is brown.  I like to stir the potatoes and then place them back in the broiler to make sure they all get browned.  This takes about 15 minutes
7.  Serve and enjoy.


See pretty easy and it can be made with any veggies you have on hand.  You could even make this without the potatoes.  Just chopped up some veggies, add pesto, and bake.  Yum.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend, and always stay creative friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum! It actually never occurred to me to put pesto on anything besides pasta & pizza. But that does sound amazing! Hmn...I wonder if I could do a cauliflower mix roast....I'll try it tonight and see:)