Monday, August 27, 2012

The craziness is behind us


Craziness?  Yeah, after this weekend, I would say craziness.  This past weekend was our housewarming party.  Now I know we've owned our house for a year and a half, but we weren't quite ready to have a ton of people over until now.  Okay, I'll admit it, we weren't quite ready this past weekend, but it's okay.  And guess what, we partied for 16 hours, and I have absolutely no pictures to speak of.  I was so behind Saturday morning, that by the time people started showing up, I was still setting up.  So by the time I had regained my balance, the food was decimated, some people had already left, and it was getting dark.  Too bad, I had planned on taking hundreds of pictures.  I always take hundreds of pictures.  What was I thinking?

But even without the pictures, I can say it was quite a fun time.  I'm not sure if our neighbors are super excited about us anymore, but hopefully they can forgive us.  We don't party until 3:30 in the morning that often.  And the saving grace was our neighbors closest to us were on vacation, so they were not here to hate us.

Little pug had a great time and was so well behaved.  She was more then happy to do tricks for anyone that had some carrots.  She even got a few housewarming gifts herself; a tug toy, a little alligator, and a knee cap (gross).  And she learned the hard way that there is a limit to the number of carrots she can consume in one day, she was the only one that threw up.  Don't worry, she's feeling better now.

I want to thank everyone that came out and celebrated with us.  It was so much fun.  Now we have a nice little collection of wine and thanks to my mom, a set of nice patio chairs.  It was a lot of fun and I hope we can do it again soon.  But not too soon, pug pug needs to rest up.  :-)

 I will have some updated bathroom pictures tomorrow.  It looks so much different then only a few months ago.  I can't wait to share it with you.

I hope all of you had a fantastic weekend. 

No comments: