Thursday, September 23, 2010

Busy Weekend Ahead!

So today is my Friday, WooHoo.  I have to take a furlough day this month and  I decided I was going to take it tomorrow.  I really don't have a lot of rhyme or reason for taking tomorrow off, other then it's going to be a long weekend and I have house work to do. 

Lets see, what do we have planned this weekend.

Tonight the band J's in, 4 Aspirin Morning, plays at The Argus downtown Madison.  So if you are in the neighbor hood and would like to enjoy a night of ska music and $2 drinks, you should come on down.  It's always a fun time.  But a gig means we leave the house at about 5:30/6:00 so J can get to Madison early enough to help pack up equipment and what not.  I'm usually left to my own devises and drive around or do some shopping.  I usually head downtown to eat some dinner and sit around while they're still setting up.  And then finally they play at 9:00 pm.  So gig days, especially weekdays, are long long days.  But I love seeing J enjoy himself so much.  And the band is pretty awesome if I do say so myself.

Friday is my furlough day, so no work for me.  But no vacation either.  I have neglected house work that NEEDS to get done.  We've been so preoccupied by the whole buying a house thing, that we barely have done anything around the house.  I will be cleaning, cleaning, cleaning.  Sounds like and awesome day off.

Friday is also the only day this weekend that me and J will get to spend time together before he goes off for his training.  So he plans on leaving work early (it's his last day) so we can spend some quality time together before life starts to get too crazy. 

Then Saturday is the Car Show and Swap Meet in Jefferson.  J goes to this twice a year with his dad and uncle.  So that means I have a day sort of to myself.  But I have a hair appointment that day and all my running around to do, so no sitting around watching tv.  Too Bad.

And on Sunday we have a whole bunch of home showings.  Our agent has sent of list after list of homes for us to look at.  We just keep adding ones to the list that we would be interested in seeing.  J's parents are coming with us, so that means a day of running around Madison with his parents in tow.  I can't wait for that.  No I'm excited to see a new list of homes, and the one that I'm really wanting to see is on this list, so I can't wait.

Then J leaves for training on Monday.  Yoda will just have to listen to how my day was during that time.  I'm sure she won't mind.  Like I said, busy, busy weekend.  If you don't hear from me, I'm probably hiding.  :-)

No comments: