Friday, September 10, 2010

Finally Friday

WoooooHooooo, it's finally Friday.  I am not really sure how these short weeks actually feel like they last longer then a normal length week, but they always do.  I'm just glad to be able to sleep in tomorrow.  Now that it's getting a little bit chillier in the morning (I'm not complaining, really), it seems to be a tad harder for me to get up all perky and happy at 5 in the morning.  Now I just seem to crawl out of bed at about 5:30.  So the thought of a weekend and sleeping in has been in the back of my mind all day.  Yes that's right, I've been sort of day dreaming about sleeping in.  That's weird. 

http://www.fundraw.com/clipart/clip-art/3184/Moving-Bus/
I guess I won't be worrying about it for much longer.  By this time next month me and J will be driving together again.  And well I know he won't be up for leaving the house by 6:00 every morning.  His new job doesn't have a set start time, so he plans on getting to work later then he already does.  Now I don't have a set time either, but I'm the lab manager dammit, I'm going to be the first one there if it kills me a little bit everyday.  It's only right that I'm there first.  And anyway if I get on the 6:30 or 6:45 bus, there are no high school students to fight for seats with.  Really there's no one to fight for the seats, normal functioning people aren't up that early.  So that means I'll be taking the 7:30 bus (or even later).  That means I'll have to fight high school as well as college students for a seat on the bus.  But, really the people you have to look out for on the bus are some of the women, ladies between ages 40-60 that work at the university.  They will push you to the ground to get on the bus before you do.  I've seriously been waiting to step onto a bus, when some woman pushed in front of me.  Sometimes I get annoyed with the students disrespect, but I really get pissy with the adults that should know better, come on people.       

But I digress, I really am excited about driving together again.  It means we'll be saving gas money as well as I'll have someone to sleep in the seat next to me as I drive to work and then back home.  Yes, J always sleeps in the car, so really the drive will be exactly like my drive is now, only a boy will be next to me, not my computer bag.  I joke, I really loved driving with J before.  Yes, it dictates when I get to and leave work, but that's okay.  And hopefully we'll be able to find a house before the Wisconsin winter sets in too much.  Then I won't have to drive to work ever again.  I just get on a bus and bam, I'm at work.  Sounds good to me.

I hope you all have a great weekend.  I'll be enjoying a weekend off. I'm sort of happy J doesn't have a show for a little while.  This is a much needed break for the both of us.          

No comments: