This past weekend we tackled the garage and also the planter next to the driveway. We have a large planter next to the driveway. We don't have anything in it except two mums. We plan on putting our arctic kiwi in here, but we're waiting to paint the house.
But we have been sick of looking at the old gross mulch that has been there since we moved in. We decided that it needed a little bit of a pick me up.
So say good bye to the old mulch. We removed all of the mulch from the planter and transported it back to the garden beds. While doing this, we angered a very large ant hill. I'm sure the neighbors were wondering why I was running around brushing all the ants off of me. Ant bites hurt.
And in went the new mulch. Now this is as far as we got. We had very poorly miscalculated the amount of mulch we needed. So we had to take a little trip to Menards to pick up some more mulch. Which is still sitting in the driveway waiting for us to finish it up. Hopefully while J is mowing the lawn tonight, I'll be able to put down the rest of the mulch.
And then the planter will be ready for our arctic kiwi. Hmmm, we'll need a trellise, now to think about how to DIY a cooling looking one. I think I thought of a new project to add to the list.