Most of my projects right now are pretty small. First, because we made the decision to wait until spring to take on any large projects. Second, I have another cold (seriously, could I go just one month without getting sick).
I spruced up my coffee filter wreath the other day with some flowers. I just needed something that wasn't dreary and dark. I needed to bring warmer weather into the house somehow. So I went and raided my fake flower stash. I just added a few of the fake flowers to give it a little different feel. I used my U-pins to hold the flowers on, so when I get sick of these flowers, I can take them off and add something else. It's great. I use the U-pins for displaying my jewelry at art shows, but they really came in handy here. I'm sure if you don't have hundreds (no seriously) U-pins around, you could use normal pins.
It's a simple change, but I like it. The picture doesn't really show how pretty it really looks. I took it last night while it was dark with limited light sources. Maybe I'll try to get a picture when I get home tonight.
Thrify Decorating the other day while blog hopping (swing on over there to see how she made them). It's such a cute easy idea, I couldn't pass it up. I took Yoda outside with me to find a few sticks (which she's always up for finding sticks), grabbed my hot glue gun, and raided my fake flowers again.
It took me maybe 5 minutes to make these. Unfortunately I have no idea where the box of vases is, so I had to compromise and use a Pom jar filled with rocks for now. We'll see if when I get home tonight if they are still there; Toonces feels the need to eat anything that even slightly resembles a plant. The best part about these, J actually likes them (sometimes engineers don't like things that aren't "clean" That's the