Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I'm Back Baby!

I know, I've been gone for a long time.  Did you miss me?  Probably not, but I'm going to tell myself you did.

Apologies for the dark picture and fuzziness, I'm working on that. :-D
So what's new here at the casa?  Well, I guess not that many exciting things.  I finally have all the paint up in the living room.  That's exciting.  I painted the red wall last week and I'm in love (I know it's hard to see in this picture, you'll just have to take my word for it).  I had to take a day and a half of vacation to do it, but it was oh so worth it.  And I have to say, painting a wall deep red is not an easy task.  I started with two coats of gray primer, to help make the red bright and reduce the number of coats I had to do.  Then it was two coats of red, waiting for each one to dry, and then a third touch up coat on any areas I may have missed the first two times around.  Then I had to wait for that last coat to dry, just to make sure I still didn't have any areas that needed more paint.  Then there was clean up, boo clean up.  But that's okay.  It's done and oh so pretty.  Now we just need to find a dining room table we like so people stop running into our hanging light.

We also got the entertainment center put together and up.  It's nice and it will hold oh so many things.  Perfect, everything can be out of sight and not just piled up on a book case.  It's not completely done.  We need to figure out how to hide the wires from all of our electronic crap.  I went back and forth on the glass wall behind the TV, but I've decided I do like it.  Now J and I just need to start agreeing on how to decorate.  Doesn't he know that I'm the all knowing woman, and he should just accept the knowledge I'm giving him.

I also need to show off that wonderful drywall job we did.  I got it all mudded, sanded, primed, and started the texture.  Then J swooped in and finished up the texturing, which I'm convinced was his plan all along.  Let the girl do all the hard crap and then I'll take the glory for how good it looks.  Stupid boys.  I will give it to him, he did a great job finishing up the texture.  It's extremely hard to see where the old ends and the new starts.  Too bad he didn't stick around long enough to paint the wall!

Why is this picture so crooked, was I drunk?  I don't remember!

And last but not least, our arts.  I know amazing.  It's the only thing we have up on the walls at this moment in time.  I know, I'm getting there.  I needed to get all the walls painted before I could start decorating.  I also needed all the parts to the entertainment center off the floor.  So now I'm on to the fun part.  Thrifting!!!!  Love it.  And I even think J might be getting the hang of thrifting, sort of.  And before I leave you, I have to let you know, J picked out the arts above.  He does have a good eye at times, I just wish he'd drop the only child attitude at times.  But it's okay, I still love my boy!!

No comments: