Friday, March 18, 2011

Lets Look Back

So I'm still getting over a very annoying cold, the second one in less then two months.  It's annoying, very annoying.  So last night I was super lame and went to bed at 9:00.  Hey I couldn't help it, I felt like crap.  The only things I accomplished was getting a second coat of paint on one of my projects (more on that later) and eating some crackers for dinner.  I don't really have any pictures to share, so I thought it would be fun to look back and see what small progress we've made in the last three months.

 Here is that pesky half wall as you walked in the front door.  That had to go.  It was in the way and annoying (wow, I'm using that word a lot today).  I understand it was to block the wind form blowing through the house when the front door was open, but we seriously didn't have a problem with that after we took it down.  I never ever thought to myself, boy sure wish there was something to block all that wind.  And we have a fair amount of people over.
Here's what our living room looked like sans the wall, but still without paint, lights, furniture, etc, etc.  And the front door will be replaced as soon as it gets warm enough out.  I can't wait to have a nice front door with a window in it.  It will make it just that much brighter in this room.  And look at that cute boy's butt.  Yeah that's why I keep him around, hehehehe.
And here's what it looks like after we painted, got some furniture, put up blinds, etc. etc.  It's come a long way baby.  And the room is so warm and inviting with the Latte walls and big comfy couch.  Now to replace those pillows (that's my project for this weekend).
And here's the picture of the room from a different angle (I posted this the other day).  So different from when we moved in.  And I can't wait to add some arts and accents.  And our accent lights above the top cabinets so it doesn't resemble a dark lonely cave, making us wonder if something is hiding up there (like Toonces).
And here's our bedroom before I attacked it with some paint.  Those walls were just screaming for some color; a lovely light turquoise color.
And here are those same walls and windows all painted.  Now I just have to get some arts up in here too.  As well as the roman shades I want to make.  Plus, my mom knows how to make roman shades, that's fantastic.  Here I thought I would just be winging it.  There is always a plus side to having a seamstress and just all around awesome mom.  

So that's sort of a recap of everything we've accomplished in the last three months.  Not a whole lot, but I think it's a pretty good start.  And J has been busy with the studio downstairs.  I really wish I would have gotten pictures of the demo, it looks so different now.

Tonight J has a gig, so we won't be doing much.  Hopefully this weekend I'll pick up the rest of the fabric for the pillows and get those done.  I'm also hoping to do a little thrifting.  I really want to find some more picture frames so I can get started on our gallery wall in the living room.  And we're going to pick up some mat board so we can get mats cut (yeah, sometimes it does pay to be an artistic background, we can cut our own mat board).  So lets hope I have some awesome pictures to show you soon.  Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: