Thursday, October 25, 2012

A little window shopping

I just got the new 2013 Ikea catalog.  Okay, okay, I didn't just get it, I've had it for a while.  But, I did just finally get some time to sit down and look at it.

I love Ikea.  Their stuff is so contemporary and fun, a perfect combination for our style.  And I love going through the catalogs and dreaming of buying everything I love.  Wouldn't that be fantastic?  Free range to grab anything and everything from the store.  Wonderful.

But alas, that will never happen.  And I only get a few chances a year to go to Ikea, since the closest one is a state over and 3+ hours away.  :-(  But maybe this is a good thing.  I would probably be there all the time buying candle holders and vases.

Here are a few of the things that I just adore in the new catalog.  I tried to organize them by rooms, but I also have some that I just want because they're fun.  Who doesn't have a list like that?

Well lets get started with the porch.


Whoa, can you say seating?  Well, that's the most important thing we're looking for right now.  So I picked out a lot of seating.  So what do we have here?

The Beddinge Lovas sofa bed would work great out there.  It's clean and modern, but it would also add some extra sleeping area for guests.  We love "camping" on the porch, so why wouldn't our guests?  I also love the Storsele high back chair (black), Byholma armchair (natural), and the Finntorp chair (white).  Any (or all) of these would make great seating options.  I can see myself relaxing, reading a book curled up in any of these chairs.  Love them all.  And for some added storage, what about that Aspelund 3 drawer chest, love it.

Now lets move on to the kitchen

I always love going through the kitchen section at Ikea, it's so fun and colorful.  I'm really loving those Overens plates.  The colors and the patterns are great.  And what about that great 365+ serving plate, come on that would be great for a party.   I could see some chips/crackers in there.  Simple, yet elegant.  I love the Foto pendent light.  We already have some great aluminium lights from Ikea in our kitchen, but I would love a set of these over the prep area.  And of course I'm always in love with the little 365+ Gunstig magnetic trivet.  I love that it sticks to your pans, so you don't have to worry about setting a hot pan down and ruining your counters or table.  It's a great idea.

Enough with the kitchen, lets look at the living room.
  
We don't need much for this room, but there are a few things that would be nice.  One is that Ursula throw.  I pick one up every time we go to Ikea.  I just love the idea of a cable knit throw, it just screams comfy.  We also need to replace our run in the living room.  We bought a cheap rug from Target when we bought the house.  It works, but it's stained and it's starting to look worn out (and it's only 2 years old).  So I think it's time we start looking for other options and the Alhede rug might be what we're looking for.  I like the high pile and the color.  Unfortunatly, I think it might be too small for the space.  I guess I should keep looking.  Yesterday, I talked about finding that right sofa table, well I thought if we didn't get around to making one this winter, maybe we could pick up one of these Vittsjo laptop tables.  It would fit in the space and it's only $40 bucks, so I wouldn't feel bad about getting rid of it after a year or so.  We'll see.

Decorating isn't the only thing I love Ikea for, I also love all there organizational items.  And I've vowed to get us organized again.

I have always love the Alex drawers.  They would be perfect in my studio to organize all my little stuff.  Someday I will own some of these.  We also need to organize the entry way closet.  Our shoes are just piled up, so I thought the Tjusig shoe rack would be perfect.  And for the little things the Dragan bathroom dish set (bamboo), the Forhoja boxes (wood), and the Bladis boxes (black) would be perfect.  The prefect way to keep all that little crap organized and out of sight.

And I always have my just because picks.  Things I'm not sure if I would ever buy or what exactly I would do with them, but I love them none the less.
It's usually a long list of rugs.  Ikea has some of the craziest rugs ever, I love them.  How about the Lappljung ruta rug, with it's crazy black and white design with just a hint of green?  Maybe for the porch.  And what about the Orsted rug with it's crazy multi colored shag?  I don't have anywhere to use this, but it is unbelievably fun.  I'm also loving the Bracke lantern, but I'm a sucker for lanterns (ask J).  And I have always longed over the Mongstad mirror.  I don't know what I would do with it, but I want it so bad.  Maybe the end of the hallway.  And the Angenam bowls.  I'm not normally a gold girl, but I do like these.  I've also been looking to upgrade my studio chair, so I thought the Gregor swivel chair would be great.  

So that is my dream list of Ikea stuff.  I have a lot more, but this list was based on the new catalog.  Someday I will own some of this stuff, I swear to you :-)

I also want to say that this was NOT a sponsored post.  Ikea did not pay me or send me anything to write this.  I just have an unusual obsession with Ikea.  I know, I have a problem, but I don't really want any help ;-)  Also, if Ikea would like to send me all any of the things I love, I would be more then happy to accept them.  Hint, hint, Ikea.

So are any of you guys as obsessed with Ikea as me?  Or do you think that they are overrated.  And do you make lists like this, a list of everything you would like from catalogs (I actually do this for most catalogs and have been doing it since I was a child)?  What are some of you favorite places to dream shop?          

2 comments:

Duni said...

Ikea used to send out catalogs for free, now they charge for them so I look at their online version instead!
Love the white armchair and chest of drawers!
Last time I was at the store it was packed - on a Monday no less!

Rose Clearfield said...

Of course I love the leaf plates. It is so much fun to look through their catalogs. I used to make lists from catalogs like that when I was younger. Now I usually end up bookmarking links from online shopping sites.