Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Window Shopping...again

Well, It looks like I'm getting sick again.  This whole getting sick every two weeks is getting real old.  I just got over the worst cold in the world, and now I feel like crap again.  This time it's GI related (that might have been too much info).  My stomach is angry at me all the time and I just want to sleep.  This has not been fun. We have so much that needs to get done around the house and all I want to do is nap.  Blah.

We have actually gotten things done (I didn't start to feel sick until Sunday) this past week.  We carved pumpkins, worked on the bathroom, worked on little projects, stained, etc.  I just haven't felt good enough to do any photoshopping (or even upload the pictures to my computer), so that will just have to wait.  :-(

But I do have some pictures from my last thrifting trip.  Not much, but a few things.  I haven't been to a thrift store in about a month, which is extremely strange for me.  I don't like to go a week without at least looking at what they might have.  But I headed up there the other day to see if they had any Halloween fall decorations left.  They didn't.  But they did have this lovely.


It's a skirt.  I thought it would make a fantastic Halloween costume, well part of one, hopefully there would be more. It has some interesting details and paired with leggings, it would make a cool addition to a costume.  Unfortunately, we didn't go out this year, so I didn't have need for a Halloween costume :-(

I also found these.


Were these donated as a pair?  Is there someone out there that collects different chairs?  Or did they just happen to have some one donate a dental chair and then someone else come with a hair drier chair?  I didn't even look to see what they were asking for these bad boys.  I love some of the stuff I find at our local Goodwill.

And this isn't from the thrift store, it was from Menards, but I still loved it.


It's a Christmas peacock.  Is that not the best Christmas decoration you've ever seen?  I saw it from a distance and was instantly drawn to it.  Seriously, I'm sure I looked like a child who comes across a cool toy.  It's amazing.


Look at that face.  I wanted it so bad, but I didn't really want to pay the $110 for him.  So after looking him over, I decided I could make something like this for a lot cheaper.  So my goal is to make an awesome peacock, challenge accepted.

I also found these fantastic industrial dinosaurs at Hobby Lobby.


I should have bought one that day, but I didn't I hesitated and now I'm kicking myself.  I'm hoping they still have some.  I want one so bad!!!!

And last but not least I have a sneak peek at little Yoda's handing out candy costume.


There is more to it, but this is her little purple mohawk.  She's not a huge fan of the mohawk, but she doesn't seem to mind the rest of costume.  She actually wore it for hours on Sunday.  This will be little Yoda's first year dressing up and handing out candy, I'm sure she's going to love it.

And all of use here are hoping all of our friends on the east coast are safe and sound. Stay safe everyone.

2 comments:

Rose Clearfield said...

That peacock is pretty epic. Best of luck recreating it! I hope that you feel better soon. Getting sick over and over again is such a drag.

Duni said...

Victoria, I'm sorry you can't seem to shake the bug or whatever it is that makes you ill :(
Maybe it's a sign you should take it easy on all the projects going on at your house?
Hope you feel better soon!
((HUGS))

p.s. Yoda looks adorable in his punk rocker outfit ;-)