Wednesday, October 10, 2012

It's starting to feel a lot like autumn

Autumn has arrived and I'm loving it!!  Other then the fact that it's pitch black out when I get up in the morning, there is not much I hate about autumn.  I'm pretty sure I've stated that before, like when I showed you my new fall themed wreath.  I love me some autumn and I love making the house feel like autumn as well.

We don't have a mantel because we don't have a fireplace, though I have tried convincing J we need a fireplace, so I decorate our side table.


I do some decorating other places as well, like our dining room table and our entertainment center.  Look at these pretty flowers I picked up at Micheal's for half price.  Okay, most of them were on sale, one wasn't, and it was expensive, but don't tell J.  Shhhhhhh.


I love how just changing out the flowers gives the room a much more fall feel.  And I love these fake flowers.  I mean look at those orange berry things.  I have no idea what the are supposed to be, but they are cool looking.  And my amber jar I stole borrowed from work, looks awesome.  My boss knows I took the jar, we have a whole box of them, so don't go thinking I'm stealing thing from work.  ;-)


But anyway, back to our side table.  I picked up a bunch of stuff from our local Dollar Store a few weeks ago. I got a few plastic gourds, which I had all intention of painting, but I kinda like the colors they are now, so we'll see if I end up painting them. We found the large amber jar at a thrift store a month or so ago. It's an old A&W jug and is very cool looking. I have my little glass pumpkin I got from JoAnn's last year (for 70% off) that I adore.


I also picked up this little ceramic pumpkin and owl at the Dollar Store. Yup, both of these adorable things were only a buck a piece. How adorable are they?  I love the owl so much, it makes me smile every time I see him.


I also made some bunting out of scrapbook paper and some string I had. I just cut out triangles (I didn't use a template, I just eyeballed them) and then taped them onto the thick string I had. They turned out pretty cute, well I think they did.


And because not only is if autumn, but Halloween is coming, I added my little bat. I have had this thing for years and years. I think I've had it longer then J and I have been together. I love it, it's so cute. Time is starting to show on her though, and the cat has pulled her little feet off, but I still love her.  The perfect little Halloween addition.


The left over gourds from my wreath ended up in the little bowl on our coffee table. I also plan on painting these little guys because they are pretty cheap looking, but I haven't gotten around to that yet. Maybe I'll paint them before next fall ;-)  I'm also waiting for the cats to discover these.  I have not woken up to these little guys all over the floor, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

So that's what I have for autumn decorating.  It's not a lot, but it's just right for us.  Just enough to make me smile.

Do you decorate for the different seasons or do you go all out for each holiday?  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat!! I've been contemplating decorating this year...we'll see what comes of it if anything!

Kristin Aquariann said...

Nice decorations! I need to dig my small Halloween collection out.

♥ aquariann
Featured Photo: French Marigolds

Rose Clearfield said...

Your autumn decorations are so cheerful! Normally I only decorate for Christmas, but I have a few fall items up this year. We're planning a Halloween party in a few weeks so I'll be making a few things for that as well.

BeadedTail said...

Everything looks so pretty and ready for fall! I haven't decorated for any holiday other than a Christmas tree in so long. Maybe I'll get a pumpkin for the front porch this year!

Memories for Life said...

Your decorations look great! I love those fall flowers :)