Monday, December 13, 2010

We Did It!

So, we did it, we became homeowners.  We are the proud owners of a 3 bedroom ranch house.  Awesome!

We're even almost completely moved in.  We rented a big ass truck on Saturday and filled that sucker.  Thanks to the help of three of our friends, it really didn't take that long.  We even beat the storm.  Although I did have to drive a few towns over to pick up the truck, which didn't make me happy.  And then J made me drive the truck, the 26 foot truck, full of our stuff.  So I pretty much drove the 40 some odd miles thinking I was going to die the whole time.  But I made it and I did okay.  We almost got the whole truck unloaded before the rain started.  

Then we made the mistake of not returning the truck that night.  How is that a mistake?  Because when we woke up the next morning there was a foot of snow on the ground. And then came the failed attempt to try to return the truck during a snow storm.  Lets just say it wasn't pretty and we may or may not have gotten a huge rental truck stuck in the road outside our house.  Luckily our new neighbors are supper nice and helped us out and got it unstuck and back in the driveway (that's after I called the rental truck emergency hotline and talked to a tow truck driver, so then I had to cancel that).  I called the rental place and told them we needed an extra day added and they said they were giving everyone an extra day to get trucks back because of the storm.  So luckily we didn't have to pay extra for that.  But unfortunately our road wasn't plowed until late and J didn't get the driveway plowed until even later.  So there sat the truck, and that's where is was when I left for work this morning.  So it looks like we will be getting a late fee, but I'd rather be safe then save 40 bucks.  But we're leaving work early tonight to try and miss the late night commute and getting that truck back ASAP.  I don't need to rack up any more charges on it then needed.  Lets just hope I can pull into a gas station to get gas without running anyone over.  Check back in tomorrow to see if I'm still alive.       

No comments: