Wednesday, December 1, 2010

One and a half weeks left!!!

We're so close now I can taste it. We only have a week and a half left before closing and moving day. WooHoo, I can't wait!!!

But with the big move comes new furniture.  Our couch is only a couple of years old, but it's a sectional and the chase part is in the wrong direction for our new living room.  Boo that couch.  So now what are we doing?  We're looking at new furniture. Blah.  I'm not a fan of furniture shopping.  I'm pretty picky about what I like and it always seems to be the opposite of what J likes.  And my least favorite thing is the sales people that follow you around when you don't need them, but then when you do, they are nowhere to be found.

But anywho, this is the sectional that we're leaning towards.  It's the right color and it's the right size.  The ottoman doesn't come with it, but I do like it and so does J.  I think it would work really well in our new living room.  We were looking for another couch with a chase, but I think if we get the (overpriced) ottoman, it will be like a chase.

We're also looking into getting a new TV.  I think our current one is fine, but J wants a new one.  We have an old school rear projection big screen TV, that takes up a large majority of our current living room.  I think that our new living room is big enough for it, but J's ready to trade up for a flat screen.  So that means we'll have to get an entertainment center.

We like this one from Ikea.  It's simple and best of all pretty cheap.  You design them yourself so that if fits your room and your TV, so that's kinda cool.  I like the idea of the solid doors so that no one can see our massive amount of DVDs and PS3 games.  It will be nice to be able to keep everything out of sight.  Much better then the book case we're using now.

We're going to go dark with the furniture and light with the walls and floor.  The hardwood floors are a beautiful blond color and we're thinking about getting a light tan colored area rug.  J was a little worried about it being to dark in there, but the bay window lets in so much light, that I don't think there will be a problem.   

Then in the future we like to get a pair of chairs or a love seat for the living room as well, but that can wait a little bit.  We'll probably go with a lighter color for that and maybe even a print (fun).

Oh a complete living room, I can't wait to look like we're homeowners and not college kids anymore.  I think we've been out of college long enough, we really need to graduate to a big people living room.  Adulthood here we come!!!           

No comments: