Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ughhh

That's about how we feel around here.  J and I both have the flu.  We're both absolutely miserable and nothing, I mean nothing is getting done.  But who could blame us?  My Sunday and Monday were spent huddled on the couch trying to get some sleep.  Blah.

Before we got sick, we did get a little bit of fun in this past weekend.  J's friend has started a non profit record company that gets the names of local punk/ska/rock bands out to the masses.  And this last Saturday was their first Compilation CD release.  The link is above on my tabs if you are interested in downloading the CD (only $5, but be warned the music is not necessarily work or child friendly, this is punk we're talking about). 

Wiscoholics
We had a lot of fun hanging out with our friends and listening to 5 fantastic local bands.  We went to a cookout before the show and I may or may not have had too many hard ciders.  I'll never tell.

Common Kids
All of the bands that played that night were from WI.  So if you're like us and love punk, there are plenty of bands to go see.    

The DUI's
The pictures of the bands aren't that great because I was "running" the sound board.  Okay, I was actually just sitting there and every once in a while I would move a dial.  But I had no idea what I was doing and really our one friend was the one adjusting the sound. 

Unfortunately as the night wore on, I started to feel like crap.  And by midnight I was sick as a dog.  We left as soon after the last band played and that's when I really started feeling bad.  And now here we both are, sick as ever.  Good thing I felt okay Saturday, I would have been so sad if I had missed that.

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend and that your week has started out better then ours.  I hope I'll be back to my normal self soon and getting some projects finished up!

1 comment:

Rose Clearfield said...

Feel better soon!! I'm glad that you had some fun this weekend before the bug took over.