Thursday, April 12, 2012

Bedroom Arts

I finally have all of the art for above are bed hung.  The pictures have been sitting on the floor for months.  I showed you how I matted the large picture here, and how I hung it here using a fantastic large art hanger.

Well I decided that I loved the Heavy Duty Hangman picture hangers so much, that I ran to the store and grabbed two smaller ones for the smaller frames.  I do love these picture hangers.  They come with self drilling screws, so no pilot holes, and they don't need anchors.  Awesome.


And the Ikea lights finally made it up on the wall.  We've had these longer then we've had the frames.  They have been sitting on our dresser, just hoping they would make it up on the wall at some point.  So I figured it was high time we used then as actual lights and not just decoration.

We still have to hide the cords and build our floating night stands, but I think this wall is looking better all ready. 


Here is an absolutely awful photoshop depiction of what the bedroom will look like.  We have to build floating shelves because we have under bed drawers, so no standard nightstands for us.
We actually have these babies from Ikea.  They were a little bit more then what we wanted to spend, but we LOVE them.  They are one of my favorite things in the bedroom.  We both keep our pants and sweaters in them.  I have to say, I love waking up in the morning and being able to grab my clothes for work without actually getting out of bed.  It's quite the luxury.

And now that I have the light sconces on the wall, I could get rid of the floor lamp.  Which in turn means I can now pull my under bed drawer all the way out, which is pretty nice.     

Take care friends and stay creative! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the floating night stand idea too- even though it's a functional one for you guys, I love it for anyone's room!