Friday, April 6, 2012

Accent Colors!

I am so close to finishing up my studio I can taste it.  Okay, let's be honest, It won't be completely finished, but it will be 90% done and usable.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can finish up the small amount of trim I have left and start putting things back in order.  Woot Woot!

Last night J and I ran up to Menards to pick up all those little things we needed to finish up projects around the house.  We got more picture hangers like I used to put our large picture frame above the bed.  I picked up more foam brushes, I think I should just buy stock in these.  I got a ton of veggie seeds for the garden and potting soil.  And of course I picked up some more spray paint.  Yay spray paint.


These are accent colors for my studio.  Not for anything big.  I'm actually painting my magazine holders with these colors.  I know the picture is sort of crappy, sorry.  I took the early morning.  But I can tell you I'm in love with that teal color, it's called Lagoon.  It's delicious.  I want to paint everything with it.  Yum!

 
I also picked out the accent color for the studio.  I think I'm going to go with the dark blue.  It's looks so nice with the other two colors.  I'll be painting my shelves and bookcase with this dark blue.  Just that perfect pop of color.  Now I just have to get paint and shelves and paint them and put them up.  Well you get the idea.  I hope I'll get some of this done this weekend.

We also have a Comp CD release party to go to this Saturday. It's going to be fun.  J and a couple of his friends have a non-profit record company that helps local rock/ska/punk bands get some exposure.  This weekend is their first comp CD release.  So if you happen to be in the Madison, WI area, you should definitely go to this.  It's going to be a fantastic, gritty, punk night and $5 gets you in the door and a limited edition CD.  It will be fun!!

Have a fantastic and creative weekend everyone!   

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Dear Victoria. I love color. It makes a new atmosphere.
Thank you for stopping by and leaving a nice comment.
Blessings, Catherine

RH said...

Hi, Nice post! Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

Thanks!

Harry
harry.roger10@gmail.com