Thursday, January 13, 2011

Only a few more days!

Look at the Clean Driveway!
That's right only a few more days and we're out of our old apartment.  We hand over the keys Saturday, and not a moment too soon in my book.  Yesterday I had to go to the JC and watch they guy clean the carpets, because we were told we had to have them professionally cleaned before we left.  Which is all good and all, but it made me realize when he had finished that they were never cleaned before we moved in, even though we were told they had been.  There was no way in hell they were cleaned before we moved in.  It made me kinda sad that we lived there for four years with dirty dingy carpets and we didn't have too.  Oh, well that's in the past.  After Saturday, I'll never have to worry about that place again.  Good ridence.

Yesterday I also managed to pull a muscle in my arm trying to get the snow blower started.  I don't care what J's dad says, there is something up with that blower.  But I got it running and did the whole damn driveway, plus a path for the mailman (we don't have sidewalks).  Yeah, I'm pretty awesome.

This is a picture of bread!
I also managed to make the first loaf of acceptable bread last night.  I have been trying for ever since I got my bread machine to make decent bread and just haven't been able to.  I have no idea whats wrong with me.  I even screwed up those bread box kits.  You know the ones with all the ingredients in them, you just pour it into the machine and hit go.  Yeah, I even screwed those up.  I seriously don't know what's wrong with me.  So last night I followed the recipe to a T and double checked to make sure everything was correct and checked it one more time.  Guess what, oh wait I already told you.  Hell yeah, I made an awesome loaf of bread (sorry forgot to get pictures of it you'll have to imagine using my awesome artwork). So now I'm pumped to try out some different recipes.  Lets just hope those turn out as good as my plain old white loaf of bread.

 And now since I lured you into a false sense of security with my lovely bread story, I'll show you some pics of what I found when I took the dishwasher apart to clean.  So we haven't had a dishwasher in ages.  J hasn't had one since his college apartment and I haven't had once since I've lived at home.  So, it's been a while.  But I researched on the internets know you need to clean these babies out.  They collect all sorts of goodies and need a good cleaning now and then.

So this is what I found when I took it all apart.  Not actually as bad as I thought it would be.  I bleached the inside of the washer and scrubbed that with a toothbrush to get in all the cracks and crevices.  Then I soaked the rest of the parts and scrubbed them good and clean.  So now we have a clean dishwasher that will hopefully work better and smell less.  Oh the joys of owning your own home and having to do things like this.

And yesterday I pulled the fridge out to get at something and discovered the previous owners had cleaned that in years.  So guess what I'll be doing soon!!! 

No comments: